Workshop 3 – Diversity It's More Than Flesh Colored Markers
Time & Location
About the Event
Workshop 3 – Diversity It’s More Than Flesh Colored Markers
This seminar integrates experiences in the early childhood setting that supports culture, abilities, religion and sexual preference.
- Reviews how stereotypes influence classroom practices
- Analyzes bias that adults have
- Reviews developmental stages of children’s awareness of race and culture
- Demonstrates practices that support integration of activities that support culture in all centers
- Discusses how to present different abilities to children
- Practice activities that can be modified for different abilities
- Presents non-sectarian approaches
- Participate in family practices that support divorce, separation and same sexual preferences
- Practice developing a philosophy that celebrates differences
This session is not about what we have on our walls, the type of books we offer children, etc. but how we model acceptance of our differences.
- Workshop 3$25$250$0